Are the Rehab services covered by insurance?
Yes, Lawrence Therapy Services accepts Medicare and most other major insurances. For Medicare recipients, Medicare Part B covers 80% of Rehab services and the Medicare Supplement covers the remaining 20% after any deductibles have been met. For other insurance plans that are not Medicare, it depends on your specific plan. Some plans require you to pay a co-pay for each visit and some pay a percentage of the total bill. We would be happy to check your individual plan to find out specifically what is covered for you.
How do I qualify for Rehab services with Lawrence Therapy Services?
The first step towards receiving our services is for you to get a prescription for us to work with you. We do all of our evaluations and treatments under the direction of your physician. Your physician may fax an order to our office or send it with you for you to give us at the time of your evaluation. After we evaluate your specific condition, we will set up the plan of care with you which includes how often we will see you and whether or not the treatments will occur in one of our clinics or in your home.
Do I have to be homebound to receive services in my home?
No. Lawrence Therapy Services is a Licensed Home Health Agency with the State of Kansas. As a Licensed Home Health Agency, our services are covered under you Medicare Part B outpatient benefits. Under Medicare Part B, rehab services are covered either in the clinic or in the home, depending on what is more beneficial for you as a patient. To utilize your Medicare Part B benefits, it is not required that you are homebound. The homebound status applies only if you are utilizing your Medicare Part A benefits in which case you would receive therapy from a Certified Home Healthy Agency. Your physician will help you decide whether or not you are homebound.
What is the difference between Physical Therapy (PT) and Occupational Therapy (OT)?
Physical Therapy focuses on helping a person reach their full potential in the areas of walking, transfers, strength, and balance. PT also addresses pain management, joint problems and can help you recover from a leg, back, neck, or shoulder injury. Occupational Therapy focuses on helping a person regain their independence in the areas of activities of daily living, which include dressing, bathing, grooming and homemaking. OT may also address strength and balance problems and help you recover from an arm injury. In a person's home, OT can assess for adaptive equipment (tub bench, toilet riser, grab bars, etc.) to help make the home safer and easier to use. PT and OT compliment each other nicely and often a person can benefit from both during their recovery period. Talk to your doctor about how OT and PT can help you.
There are so many Rehab clinics in the area. Do I have a choice of where I go and how is Lawrence Therapy Services different from all of the other Clinics?
Yes, you have a choice of where to receive your Rehab services, just as you have a choice of which pharmacy to fill your prescriptions. Lawrence Therapy Services is unique in the fact that we offer treatment both in our clinic and in your home. If at first, you aren't strong enough to come to us, we will come to you. Then, once you are able to get out more often and if your needs cannot be met by receiving therapy in your home (you need to use our treadmill, exercise bike, or other gym equipment, etc.), then you can come to one of our two clinics. Our staff of Licensed and Registered Therapists have a central focus of helping you reach your maximum level of independence so you can live in the setting of your choice, no matter what your age or ability level. Our staff is committed to spending quality time with you and to giving you the help that you deserve in whichever setting is most beneficial to your recovery. The majority of our treatment spaces are private so that you don't have to exercise or participate in therapy in front of other people. We strive to be your number one choice for all your therapy services.